30 Jun Why leadership profiling & assessment is now crucial to a senior hire or an internal promotion…
Now more than ever it is crucial to get hiring right first time, by recruiting strong leaders who can stabilise, motivate, and build teams. Over half of us leave our jobs because of poor leadership, and many studies indicate this statistic to be significantly higher. Making the wrong hire can therefore be a costly mistake. Leadership assessment and profiling is a robust, fair, and cost-effective solution that is used to help organisations identify, develop, and retain the right talent, something which is essential, particularly during these challenging times.
Right now, organisations need leaders who have strong EI and interpersonal skills so that they can successfully lead, motivate, and reassure their people. They need to be resilient, focused, able to provide direction even when the future is uncertain and unclear, and they need to be able to make tough decisions and communicate this in a way that will be positively received. Leadership profiling and assessment will identify natural leaders and those with potential, and it will highlight strengths and more importantly, development gaps. Thus, helping to inform critical hiring decisions, onboarding, and ongoing talent development.
Given the economic challenges that businesses are currently facing, pay rises and employee bonuses may be less likely. Using leadership assessment to benchmark existing talent and inform development and training solutions, is a positive, cost effective way for organisations to invest in their people, build capability and boost employee engagement and output.
**Why use Leadership Assessment?
- Improves accuracy of recruitment decisions
- Cost effective
- Helps new hires onboard quicker
- Increases employee engagement and retention of talent
- Boosts the brand
- Bolsters organisational leadership capability and confidence
**What we do
At the Rotheram Carrington Recruitment Group we have an in-house business psychologist, Liz Lawson. Liz has over 12 years’ experience in leadership assessment, development, and coaching.
We design and deliver bespoke assessment packages, ranging from the administration and interpretation of psychometric tests to greater, in-depth, face-to-face executive assessment.
We are committed to providing a quality candidate experience which is supportive, developmental, action focused, and creates a positive impression of the client organisation.
we are extremely flexible and able to provide assessment of your people either remotely or in person, at short notice.
**Our Assessment Packages
Our assessment packages are tailored and appropriate for the level of role/leader and designed in partnership with our clients. Typically, they comprise the following:
- ½ day assessment with business psychologist (face-to-face / video conference) covering a deep dive career discussion, psychometric interview and business simulation.
- Detailed participant report, comprising summary of strengths, development gaps, and detailed evaluation against role requirements, competencies, and values.
- Participant feedback (and optional further coaching).
- Client de-brief along with recommended next steps.
**Head of Department Level
- 2-hour telephone/ VC discussion with business psychologist to explore the participant’s career experience, aspirations and psychometric profile.
- 2-page bespoke participant report, focusing on strengths, development areas, summary of evidence against role requirements and indication of onward potential.
- Participant feedback session with a focus on development planning.
- Client de-brief with recommended next steps.
**First Line Manager / Team Leader Level
- 45-minute telephone assessment to explore and feedback on psychometric output (psychometrics completed online in advance)
- 1-page summary report, comprising key strengths/development points and recommended interview questions or development actions (dependent on whether for recruitment or development)
**Get in touch
If you would like to discuss leadership assessment or profiling in more detail, please contact Liz Lawson on 01244 980 300.