21 Jun Management Accountant (12 Month Contract)
Rotheram Carrington Recruitment Group are pleased to me working with a great business based in Chester who are looking to recruit an experienced management accountant to be responsible for the full production of month end accounts for a subsidiary within their Group to cover maternity leave for a period of 12 months, must be able to start September 2022. The key element in this role is to have excellent communication skills and really enjoy working with lot’s of different people across various departments. It is a business I have recruited for, and worked with over the past 15 years and they really look after their people, their engagement levels are high as the business constantly continues to grow both organically and through acquisition, and it is a great place to work.
As the Management Accountant you will be responsible for producing the management accounts. This role is wide ranging and will give the successful candidate experience in management accounts, balance sheet control, KPI analysis, operational involvement. You can expect to join a progressive business with an excellent career path available for individuals who wish to develop.
- Responsible for the month end accounts to P&L for the subsidiary, balance sheet reconciliations and KPIs
- Run weekly meetings when required with non-finance team leaders to aid engagement around budgets for analysis and KPI reporting
- Maintain and provide analysis on the general ledger accounts
- Support with all aspects of the finance function including posting journals, accruals, prepayments and bank reconciliations if required
- Responsible for the weekly banking, recording and processing payments
- Weekly cash book & income posting
- Continuous process improvement to systems and controls to highlight any risks
- Ensure that the weekly sales and payroll forecasting process is followed
- Maintain & ensure that the purchasing system is being used correctly and to it’s full potential across the sites
Other responsibilities include:
- Assist in all other ad hoc projects – to be agreed with the Financial Controller and/or FD
- Regular liaison with the individual head of departments in relation to costings, monthly stock control
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA part or fully qualified (ideally late stages of accountancy qualifications)
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills, with a keen interest in developing systems and new efficiencies
- Excellent attention to detail and comfortable working to deadlines and targets
- Well organised, enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Must have excellent communication skills and enjoy working with all different levels of people – essential
- Must be available to start no later than September (if someone is available sooner they are happy to have an overlap)
- £30,000 to £40,000 (up to £45k for qualified accountant with specific experience)
- Based Chester – hybrid working is available but flexibility is key due to the service this business provides
- Free parking
- Great office to work in
To find out more about this management accountant job based in Chester, please apply we’d be delighted to hear from you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.