12 Nov Finance Director (FMCG/Manufacturing)
Rotheram Carrington Recruitment Group are exclusively handling the recruitment of a ‘Hands On’ Finance Director working for a very well established niche FMCG manufacturing organisation based in Cheshire. This company has a long-standing reputation within their market and continue to grow across the UK and international markets, turning over in the region of £60m.
Our Client is looking for a forward thinking ‘Hands On’ Finance Director with responsibility for overseeing all day-to-day financial activities within the organisation. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the role of Finance Director is to lead, develop and deliver the financial strategy, perform effective risk management, and maintain financial control, to support the business in achieving sustainable growth.
The successful incumbent will be a fully qualified accountant with proven experience having worked as a Finance Director for at least 5 to 10 years within the manufacturing or FMCG sectors. This role will require the individual to not only be ‘hands on’ but work at a strategic level; commercial astute in dealing with senior stakeholders internally and externally; being the finance expert on around tenders and potential M&A activities; and have an excellent understanding of compliance and regulatory matters adhering to UK & international financial standards IFRS16.
- Provide effective leadership and management of small finance team (Management Accountant/Finance Manager, Cashier, Accounts Clerks)
- Provide strategic and tactical advice to the Board on all issues relating to financial matters
- Provide accurate and timely management information to the Board to enable budgetary control and effective strategic planning.
- Lead contact with the banks and external auditors. Lead on the annual audit
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers; negotiate the terms and conditions in contracts and ensure compliance with these, to maximise financial and operational performance and minimise risk.
- Key member of the management executive team working closely with senior stakeholders to develop and execute the company’s financial strategy, aligning it with overall business objectives providing insight and support on all finance matters
- Full production and analysis of monthly management accounts to P&L and commentary to the board
- Responsible for budgeting and forecasting and cash flow reporting
- Group consolidation of three companies within the Group
- Providing detailed commercial analysis, you will delve into the detail and work with operations to highlight and support with key areas and fluctuations of volumes/margins etc.
- Provide financial modelling support with the commercial tender process
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and government returns
- Year-end and the annual external audit
- Proactively identify opportunities for efficiencies and process improvements, implementing changes to enhance financial operations
- Must be able to work to strict deadlines and experience of group reporting
- Lead on the financial aspects of potential M&A activities
- Oversee implementation of robust financial processes and procedures, sourcing appropriate tax and accounting advice as required.
- Develop routine board reporting together with ad-hoc analysis to support specific board level decision making.
- A strong track record of successful financial leadership
- Prior experience working within the manufacturing or FMCG sectors, essential
- An excellent understanding of UK accounting standards including IFRS16, and a good understanding of international accounting standards would be very advantageous
- Proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment; must be proactive, agile, responsive to opportunities and deliver to deadlines.
- Pro-active and hands-on, looking for a role where you can have an impact and add value from day one
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels and ability to challenge effectively yet listen to and adopt new ideas.
- A team-player who can foster a culture of collaborative and cross-functional working
- Forward-thinking and commercially minded
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- High ethical and professional standards
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA Fully Qualified – Essential
- Background ideally within manufacturing or FMCG, very desirable
- Dynamic and able to drive change and process improvements
- Advanced Excel a analytical skills
- Up to date knowledge of international accounting standards and industry best practices, such as IFRS16 would be an advantage
- Pro-active and must be hands-on
What’s on Offer
- £90,000 to £95,000 basic per annum (plus car or car allowance, up to 30% bonus )
- 25 days plus bank holidays
- Company pension 10% employer, 6% employee
- Private healthcare
- Hybrid working, but would expect the successfully individually to be more present for at least the first 6 months to understand the business, and ensure the team is settled
- Modern office space
To find out more about this excellent opportunity for a ‘Hands On’ Finance Director working for a niche manufacturing Company based in Cheshire, please apply we’d be delighted to hear from you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.